Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential issues thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential issues thread

I thought I'd make this thread to report any potential technical issues in the initial stage of the forum.

Editing a post right after posting it seems to make it get recognised as potential spam.
    “Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Kamikaze Pyro is a girl? olsiw

Another thing, when editing, sometimes when you finish and click on save, it brings up an error, though it does seem to still make the edit.

Comment

What is the error that it is giving when it gives one?

Comment

I've noticed my and some other profile images are acting odd, like this image I have right now has the avatar less than half the size of the circle that holds it. It's not forum breaking but it's certainly odd.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

The circle around your avatar is always 150x150, so if the image you're using is smaller than that that'll happen.

Comment

My avatar is 200 x 200, so I don't get why it's happening to me as well

Comment

This is an issue with how vB 5 deals with avatars, currently I can manually fix it, but I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

Comment

Avatar issue, mostly fixed, just need to make an automated job to rebuild the thumbnails, otherwise new avatars look like arse.

And resolved! There is now an automated task going off every 50 minutes that will rebuild avatars, hopefully it doesn't break things, but we'll find out in 50 minutes.

Comment

Tried to log in on a mobile today and had a box come up saying "A System Error has occured. The software is experiencing a systems error." Came back a few hours later, same thing.
                  “Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Kamikaze Pyro is a girl? olsiw

Comment

How strange, what mobile are you using? And what operating system on it?

I shall look into the issue.

Comment

Should work if you add https:// in front of the link. I had the issue a few weeks ago.

Comment

That'll do it! Since we use HTTPS now, but I have added a rule to force it, thanking Tim for the reminder there!

Comment

Tfw Tim gets credit for my work

Comment

He's the one who messaged me! Blame Tim.

Comment

My avatar is a gif, but it doesn't appear to be working, so that's an issue right there lol

Retribution.

Comment

Working...
                              X